• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Slow Europe Contest 2019 - Discussion

Pauline, thank you for running another great contest. I'm thrilled to be one of the winners AND I'm even happier that my name wasn't drawn first again. Congratulations to all the other winners!

Wow!! I cannot believe I was number 1 !! We never win anything. It is 5 in the morning here and I am still half asleep. We will be doing some serious thinking in the next few hours and will make my decision as quickly as I can. We have contacted one prize giver for more information to help with decision making.
I am still in shock. Congratulations to the other winners.

Wow!! I cannot believe I was number 1 !! We never win anything. It is 5 in the morning here and I am still half asleep. We will be doing some serious thinking in the next few hours and will make my decision as quickly as I can. We have contacted one prize giver for more information to help with decision making.
I am still in shock. Congratulations to the other winners.

Take your time. There is no rush. If you need another day, I will give it to you because of the vast time change between us and because it is a weekend and some of the prize givers might not respond quickly.

How nice! I was like the last winner in a previous contest a long time ago and won a tour with Ann Reavis, Tuscan Traveler, just in time for my husband's first trip to Italy in 2005. She took us on a great tour of Florence; we saw her on several ensuing trips. It was the best prize I think I've ever won in a contest.

Between her and Judy Witts Francini, we have had many memorable outings. We tried to work with someone based in Rome for our most recent trip this past February, but never heard back from him. After a trip to the American Cemetery outside Florence, Judy then took us to several villages in Chianti. Didn't meet Dario Cecchini but had a blast at one of his restaurants. Judy was gracious enough to allow me to be photographed with her boyfriend Enrique - LOL!

I am eternally grateful to Pauline for the original Slow Trav site and now this site. I learned so much about planning and we so enjoy staying as long as we can in each locale we visit.

IMG_20190208_141854.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received word while in a conference on travel writing & photography, so this is perfect! And I so rarely win that it's a special treat. Thanks for organizing this and thanks to all those who provided the prizes, each looks grand. Now to choose!! I'm eager to get to my place in line.....appreciate your creating this contest!

Well, we have spent a long day thinking about our options. While we do have some tentative plans, we are very up in the air at the moment for a variety of reasons. I was thrilled to be a winner. However after long discussions, we have decided it would be unfair to other winners to choose a prize we ultimately may not use.
Thanks to Pauline for her hard work, and to the generous donors for their great prizes. Good luck to my replacement!!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina