• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Trip Advisor about to make some major changes

Well, I wouldn't want to be bombarded with adverts, still less to be pressured to lock into it as a "community". As with so much other software around, I don't particularly want their idea of being "helpful" (which often isn't). I'd rather have a plain interface that makes it easy to search for the information I'm looking for, and to understand how to navigate where I want to go on the site. No frills, no suggestions.

Agree entirely, Patrick. If it's becoming more like Facebook (which is certainly not an enticement for me), it probably implies it's going to be less searchable.

I use the TA forums for Israel info but don’t like the way they work. Hard to search, pushing you towards the main site. Looks like it will get worse.

Facebook and Trip Advisor are going to kill the smaller, independent travel forums.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina