• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

UK Weather - a bad winter!

Pauline

Forums Admin
This has not been a good winter in the UK. Our third, or is it fourth?, named storm in three weeks is coming in. In Dorset we’ve had strong winds, rain, cold. Today is sunny but 40mph winds and cold. It gets worse in the next few days.

The River Severn has had a lot of flooding. Currently Ironbridge is being flooded. A few weeks ago there was bad flooding in the north and in Wales.

But today while out walking I saw trees flowering and the daffodils are out. Hoping for better weather soon!

628A6736-8EBA-4BBE-B9CA-1AD702E17ED1.jpeg

Rough seas at West Bay (Dorset).

For the other Brits on the forum, how is it where you are?

It hasn't been as bad here in Swansea, South Wales as it has been in some places.

As we are on the coast we don't get snow as much as some of the hillier parts inland. We've had lots of storms, though, with high winds and rain. As soon as one finishes another one comes along. The flooding seems to have mostly been in the valleys of South Wales.

I thought I could smell spring in the air this morning, bu that's probably just hope manifesting itself!

Lincolnshire has avoided the worst of the floods too. There was a dusting of snow this morning but it soon melted and turned into a brilliant sunny day, but the cold wind is still there.

The forsythia and Japanese cherry is coming into blossom which is a month early.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina