• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

United Kingdom - TV SHOWS & MOVIES

One more "for your consideration", should it come your way: The Long Song, an adaptation (shown here in three hour-long episodes) of Andrea Levy's novel based around the end of slavery in Jamaica. I found it deeply involving and moving.

Roz,
This is super helpful information. I had no idea Acorn specialized in British programming! As I said, all I have is Netflix and it's a struggle for me to find anything worth watching. I adore British shows. Even the bad ones are still better than almost anything else, in my opinion.

I will check out the free trial.
I used to get Netflix to watch House of Cards, but after seeing the first episode of this (final) season, I'm not even going to bother. Maybe if a new season of Grace and Frankie comes out......

I used to get Netflix to watch House of Cards, but after seeing the first episode of this (final) season, I'm not even going to bother. Maybe if a new season of Grace and Frankie comes out......
I agree; PU on House of Cards. I did like Travelers, Liked the first season of Designated Survivor, but it's getting long in the tooth. Lost in Space is kind of interesting. there are some older ones I thought were worthy like that Donal Sutherland in the Hague (can't recall the name)......I forgot about Acorn. Need to get it.

One more "for your consideration", should it come your way: The Long Song, an adaptation (shown here in three hour-long episodes) of Andrea Levy's novel based around the end of slavery in Jamaica. I found it deeply involving and moving.

I recorded it. I read one of her books (Small Island, I think) and really liked it. I have a lot of stuff recorded that we are making our way through.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina