• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Who offers the best food tours in France?

Ann R

10+ Posts
I would like to sign up for a tour somewhere in France that has a emphasis on food, cooking, markets, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The ultimate experience would be a week with Patricia Wells in Provence or Paris! These programs book up well in advance and are also pricey. The Provence week (Sunday dinner through Friday lunch) is $5,000, excluding lodging.
I've also heard very good things about Kate Hill's program in Gascony.

Were you wanting to focus on one region or move around a bit? The cuisine in France is so regionally-oriented, I think most tours like this are based in just one region. I'd love to hear what you decide to do.

Thanks everyone! Please keep this thread going. I'm still in search of great ideas for a month of food in France. Looks like it may be either a very hot August/September or a cold November trip...

Wow Dana! That would be so much fun. You know the reason I chose to come live in Italy and not France is because I LOVE French pastures and I don't like Italian pastries or desserts. It's just self preservation . . .

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina