• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Florence On My Own: Three Weeks of Studying Italian and Very Slow Travel

From FLR to EWR

I just barely fit everything into my luggage and wait for the cab that Miriam has called. It is a lovely ride, as I chat with the driver. I think sadly that this may be my last opportunity to speak Italian in a very long time. Oh well.

Then to the check-in. I keep only my purse and backpack. At the duty-free shops, I buy some chocolate and two bags of biscotti di Prato. Somehow I fit it all in my purse and backpack, as I am afraid they will not let me on the plane with a shopping bag. The flight is uneventful, as is the wait in Milan and the flight home (somehow in Milan I buy myself a pink Swatch). My car service picks me up and …..that’s all, folks!

Resources

Fabulous report, I really enjoyed all the detail.
I was at the Koine School in 2010, and also had Marco for an instructor! Loved him!

This is fantastic! Thank you!!! I am home in Pennsylvania wishing I could be there in Florence at our little Oltrarno apartment eating ribollita. Glad you found the Caravaggio (my favorite) and were also able to see Botticelli. I have not had much experience as a solo traveler so I think you are very brave. Sounds liberating to an extent. Thank you so much for the report - I loved reading it :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina