• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - August 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another photo -

fullsizeoutput_5db3.jpeg

Kutná Hora - The Church of St Barbara?

So do you have an eye for detail? Have you seen this picture before?

FindThis1.jpg

Hi Colo
British royalty related - on the gates of Buck Palace?
Regards
Ian

:happy: Your are correct and now have the honor to post the next picture :happy:

the gates.jpg

Cool only ~40 years since I was last there :oldman: ;)

One for the film buffs, bonus marks for naming the film.
IMG_1255.jpg

Well seeing the sign on the wall - I would have to say Italy
Knowing your love of this Piemonte city - I would say Torino and the river Po
If Torino is correct - I would say "The Italian Job" - Of course the original with Michael Caine, not the remake.

Last edited:
Hi Colo
You know me too well. Picture facing Piazza Maria Vittoria and the weir part of the chase scene, with one police car getting washed away. The wedding scene (at the San Madre church) incidentally had the cars driving past the church, but where they emerged from is merely a back yard. One highlight on an earlier visit was (a little sneakily) walking around the old rooftop test track that also featured in the car chase. Not something you'd want to race around despite the banking, as it's a long way up.

Your turn

Regards
Ian

So from a wild chase scene in Torino, we go to this quiet river town. Where one can see young people sitting on the wall with books as boats slowly drift by - Oh to be young again!

guess5.jpg

Hint 1: This city has a population about 90,000, with 1/3 of the residents being students. Hence it is the city with the population having the youngest average age in the country where it is located.

The flowers on the bridge are just beautiful along the river!
Hint1.jpg

Germany would be correct
So it may be come easier to name the town.

I remember you posted a picture before of a statue of Einstein, which was in Ulm. Is this another photo of the same place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina