• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - August 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the next photo:
21b.jpg

I'd probably put money on this being Croatia, but as I've never been to that country, I have no idea otherwise.

Tim, I am going with you. Never have been there... Really want to go!

I am going to guess Split Croatia

Good guess -- Croatia, but not Split. Split is much bigger than this town, which we used as a base to visit Split.

Based on the "It's near enough to be a base for Split" comment - I found it on Google - Looks lovely - I particularly like the football pitch with fortifications at each end (it would be just to the left of the viewpoint in the picture above).
I'll leave it to see if somebody gets it "legitimately"

I agree with JT
24 hours is plenty of time
Go for it Tim :D

It feels so much like cheating! I believe it to be a place called Trogir - and it definitely looks inviting.
Another country I must put on my "To Do" list.

Yes, it is Trogir, and you should definitely put Croatia on your "to do" list. We spent 4 weeks there in '05 and would love to return. To you, Tim.

Ann, indeed it is - it is Rumelihisari - built by the Ottomans around 1451 at the narrowest point of the Bosphorus.
I tried to visit several times during our trip in October 2015 - and messed it up each time.

Over to you

Would somebody else like to put up a photo ? I'm out of inspiration, and it's too near bedtime for me to search through my archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina