• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping you would join us.

So I know you know where and what it is.
Name it Felicity and you are up!

I love that photo, Amy, but I am wondering if there's supposed to be any restriction in this forum on where the photos can come from. I had thought we were supposed to use photos from Europe. Not that I really care, but it's just that it makes a difference if people are trying to figure it out, knowing that it could be from anywhere.

Let's say they can be from anywhere. We've already had the Caribbean.

Yippee

Albeit I did post Guadeloupe because it is part of the EU being a department of France

Ok, since Colo knows I know because we had a discussion about film classics I am going ahead with my one which may need a clue. So my clue is the 'castle' is in fact a tower, very typical of the region in the 19th Century. This is place is uninhabited but has a bunch of seals living there.

Sorry about the quality. I have also uploaded a closer view of 'the place'.

Sloweurope1.jpg

sloweurope2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you did a thumbnail instead off full size. Try editing post

Not sure why I didn't make the connection earlier. It's a Martello tower isn't it. Next challenge though... where? :confused:

Happy to defer to JT, as I have few photos on this PC

Sorry folks, I guess it didn't occur to me to limit to Europe. But yes, it's the Europe travel forum, so mea culpa.
well, many of the people whose names are on the beautiful panels came from Europe....so there's that, LOL :) :D:dancingcow::pig:

It looks like an infinity lake - like it drops off the edge. I would say Switzerland but I have seen a lot of Switzerland and don't recognise this. Austria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina