• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - September 2018

Where is this?
Screen shot 2018-09-24 at 19.27.23.png

I used to see it from the coach/train when travelling up to Sheffield, so only really recognise the spire.

Some obscure photos of a well known city up next, what's the city hiding this long-hidden network of waterways?
IMG_1076.JPG
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG

oh! I know this one.. It is in Bolonia, Italy. I believe it is called Canale di Reno or something... and normally it is full of water, right?

Very good!

Yes indeed Bologna, with a pamphlet available at the tourist office to explore this hidden glimpses dotted around the city. It takes a while to walk around them, but that gives the added advantage of expanding one's horizons in the city, seeing parts otherwise likely to remain unseen

This one took some searching...
The Great Orme Tramway in Llandudno, North Wales

Thanks Eleanor

So here is one that I think many board members have seen in their travels... However attention to detail was required to remember where

Guess22.jpg

Hint: This tops an edifice that has one of the best views overlooking this European capital.

If it is, will somebody take over please. We're leaving for France in a couple of hours.

Well Ann you are correct. It is "The Gloriette" looking over the Palace and the city of Vienna

spalace01.jpg

spalace.jpg

Ann has deferred - so will some start an October thread and post a pic. Any new folks want to give it a shot?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina