• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt No. 27 - Hike/Hiking

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt Theme No. 27 (July 7, 2019) – Hike/Hiking

I'm back. I want to say a very special Thank You to Joe for posting the themes while I was away on Holiday. I loved the wonderful themes and everyone's beautiful images and creative takes.

It’s pretty cool driving/walking on country roads while traveling especially as they can offer up some beautiful scenery and interesting images along the way.

Upcoming Photo Hunt 2019 Themes:
Photo Hunt No. 28 (July 14, 2019) – Step(s)
Photo Hunt No. 29 (July 21, 2019) – Street Sign(s)
Photo Hunt No. 30 (July 28, 2019) – Relax/Relaxing
Photo Hunt No. 31 (August 4, 2019) – Open Space(s)
Photo Hunt No. 32 (August 11, 2019) – River/Stream

A nice hike when visiting the Amalfi Coast is the very popular Sentiero delle Dei (Pathway to the Gods). I started in Agerola and walked to Nocelle then I took a bus down to Positano. The path is well marked and offers stunning views as it located high on the hills and along the coast.

The hiking in England is fantastic but occasionally you run into an overgrown trail. This one was on our hike on Monday, from Beaminster (a small town near us) to Lewesdon Hill, the highest point in Dorset at just over 900 feet (not very high). Steve ahead of me on the trail. We had a 1/2 mile of this!

3570EEAB-3D85-46D5-8375-E405EEAD77C6.jpeg

Pauline, we prefer our trails a little easier to navigate. One of my favorite hikes is on the island of St. Martin.

One climbs a large hill then walks along a goat trail which ends in a very easy scramble down some large rocks to arrive at Happy Bay!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina