• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Situation in Italy :(

The extension of the COVID restrictions has been announced and the current emergency is extended until the end of January 2021. Face masks are required everywhere with fines up to 1000 euro. No additional closures but this will vary by the region as they have the authority to impose stricter measures.

Those arriving from the UK, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Croatia, Greece, Malta and 8 areas of France are required to be tested upon arrival in Italy - this is obligatory.

We continue to see more than 2000 new cases each day with Lazio and Campania having some of the highest daily numbers. This after Campania was declared "Covid free" in July and tourists from the north of Italy and Europe flooded into the south for August holidays. :(

Those arriving from the UK, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Croatia, Greece, Malta and 8 areas of France are required to be tested upon arrival in Italy - this is obligatory.

Cases in the UK are very high now. Don’t blame Italy for doing this. I guess I will have to get used to the idea of taking a test if we travel. Haven’t taken one yet.

Cases in the UK are very high now. Don’t blame Italy for doing this. I guess I will have to get used to the idea of taking a test if we travel. Haven’t taken one yet.
Italy seemed to think it was vacationers moving around that caused the uptick. Who knows? It just appears and grows! Stay well......

Cheryl, I just went to your website. I know exactly where you took that photo for your home page!

I took this in December, 2019.
20191210_143221_HDR.jpg

Yes, Paul, that's it! I think I took that in 2003 or thereabouts. I hang around that area and keep discovering new places and things every year. But I also enjoy the hills above Lucca, il Casentino, and Giula da Urbina's area near Urbino.

Of course it may change, but Croatia is no longer on the red list and travelers from Croatia can now enter Italy with no test. I read an account yesterday, of a US citizen in Croatia for some weeks drove to Italy, got hassled a bit at the Slovenia border (they are a bit intense) but allowed through. No border/passport check between Slovenia and Italy. Italy Removes Croatia from Red List

The latest status for Italy from the official Italian government source (in English):

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina