• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Slow Europe Contest 2019 - Discussion

Any idea when I will be able to see what prize(s) I can pick from?

Lou

Have you read the rules of the contest? They are at the top of the thread where you posted to enter. Each winner starting with the first chooses a prize, then that prize is not available for the next person. Each person has 48 hours to make their decision. The prizes that remain when we come to your name in the list of winners is what you have to choose from. If everyone takes 48 hours, it could be 24 days from now. But it will probably be less.

I would love an Amazon voucher, but as my account is with Amazon.au, it would need to be in Australian dollars and not USdollars, GBP or euros. If it is possible that would be great.

That will be great thank you Pauline.

The contest is going well but taking longer for each decision because of the time change between the winners and the prize givers. I don't mind extending the time for each turn because it is good that everyone gets enough information to make their decision.

It is interesting to watch the order in which the prizes are selected!

I want to say thank you so much to Pauline for helping me sort out my prize. My apologies to all the other winners that I made wait for your turn. I had been hoping for so long to be able to choose Chianti Cashmere Goat Herding for a day. We had already planned for a trip this summer to tour a bit with my daughter Aria and son in law Daniele and our 4 year old (4 in June) grand-daughter Sofia. They will be spending the summer in Florence leading a language study abroad program for their american university SMU. When I saw "goat herding" I immediately wanted that prize for Sofia. She loves all animals but ironically she really loves goats. We only had a specific day that worked well for us so as not to conflict with Sofia's summer school. A big thank you to Nora at Chianti Cashmere for this prize and for making arrangements so we could have the date we needed. I will be posting photos when we visit but am attaching one of Sofia at the local Texas petting zoo with her favorite goat.
Sofia zoo march1.JPG

I want to say thank you so much to Pauline for helping me sort out my prize. My apologies to all the other winners that I made wait for your turn. I had been hoping for so long to be able to choose Chianti Cashmere Goat Herding for a day. We had already planned for a trip this summer to tour a bit with my daughter Aria and son in law Daniele and our 4 year old (4 in June) grand-daughter Sofia. They will be spending the summer in Florence leading a language study abroad program for their american university SMU. When I saw "goat herding" I immediately wanted that prize for Sofia. She loves all animals but ironically she really loves goats. We only had a specific day that worked well for us so as not to conflict with Sofia's summer school. A big thank you to Nora at Chianti Cashmere for this prize and for making arrangements so we could have the date we needed. I will be posting photos when we visit but am attaching one of Sofia at the local Texas petting zoo with her favorite goat.View attachment 19267
You will LOVE Nora and the goats! What a wonderful gift for you and your famiglia! The view from her terrace will melt your heart. One of the most beautiful views I've ever seen!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina