• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

United Kingdom - TV SHOWS & MOVIES

We are also enjoying "The Night Manager".....not as nuanced as some Le Carre dramatizations but still worth watching.

They just keep coming....I really liked the first two seasons of Line of Duty and the third season seems to be imminent.

Has anyone watched the new Danish drama.....Follow the Money?

I am recording Follow the Money. And looking forward to Line of Duty on Thursday (hey - that's tonight!).

BBC Four - Follow the Money. Started March 2016. Danish crime thriller series set in the world of economic crime.

BBC Two - Line of Duty. Season 3 starts March 2016. A drama about the investigations of AC12, a controversial Police Anti-Corruption Unit.

I can't keep up with all these shows! I began watching Happy Valley season 2 last night. But it has been so long since I last watched, I'd lost the thread. Plus those accents! Good grief! Still I think it's an excellent show.

If you haven't already begun, I highly recommend Season 3 of Line of Duty.....a precise and extremely tense procedural. If you haven't seen the first two seasons, you can watch them on Hulu. There are carry-over plot lines from the earlier seasons so it might be wise to watch them first.

http://www.hulu.com/line-of-duty

A new BBC suspense drama started on Sunday. The first episode was good, except that the main characters are the stereotype of wealthy Londoners with a fabulous London house and a cottage on the sea in Cornwall - but I am sure all that will fall apart :)
BBC One - Undercover. Drama series. Defence lawyer Maya can finally uncover the truth of an old miscarriage of justice, while husband Nick will go to any lengths to conceal the truth about his own past.

Marcella is a new UK series written by the writer of The Bridge (original Swedish version). We have not watched it yet.
ITV Marcella
The Telegraph - Anna Friel was terrific in Marcella but was ITV's drama too violent?

Another season of the Swedish TV show The Bridge is coming, and this will be the last.
The Guardian - The Bridge creator says fourth series will be show's last
The creator of The Bridge has revealed that the fourth series of the acclaimed Scandinavian drama will be the last.

Line of Duty has been fantastic...in spite of being somewhat convoluted and confusing. I almost want to to go back and rewatch Season 2 to try and get things straight.

Line of Duty has been fantastic...in spite of being somewhat convoluted and confusing. I almost want to to go back and rewatch Season 2 to try and get things straight.
Strange how they brought season 2 back into the plot! I am struggling to remember it all but I know that tall guy isn't to be trusted :)

Line of Duty (s03eo5)--the penultimate episode of the season---wow!!!!! Glad we will get to see the season finale next week before we take off for Italy.

There is no buzz in the US for this series at all...even though the first two seasons are available on Hulu.

Yes, I'm finding this 3rd Line of Duty series the best thing on TV at the moment. The Guardian does a very good episode blog, which we always read straight after viewing, just to check we haven't missed anything!

Our roof is being worked on and the scaffolding stopped our SKY box from working!! But we were able to watch the penultimate of Line of Duty by hooking the computer up to the TV. However, we are traveling to Italy on Thursday which I think is the final episode - we will have to watch it from there. I was a bit bored with this series for the first few episodes, but it got better.

The final episode of Season 3 of Line of Duty is on Thursday....90 minutes to tie up all the loose ends, except for those story lines that they will carry over to Season 4. I was never bored with the program...confused, definitely...but never bored.

Has anyone watched Jed Mecurio's hospital series, Critical?

Pauline...we will be in Italy at the same time but, as usual, will miss each other. Perhaps we are destined just to have a virtual friendship.... :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina