• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you've cracked it Colo - google is a wonderful source of inspiration. It was a fascinating place.

Well Tim I have to do it...
Eleanor would the location in the picture be "Biertan fortified church" in Transylvania?

Carry on Colo - I've never heard of the place, and only commented earlier because of the roof shapes.

Well food and wine have been on my mind lately - so let see if anyone has been here!

Nextone.jpg

Is it on the Appian Way near Rome? It looks like a place we ate at in 1986 there!

Nope this eating establishment is not in Italy.
I will say I had a wonderful Grüner Veltliner with my dinner.

Hint time... the first recorded dinner comment dates backs to ~800 AD

Don't know it, but I'm guessing somewhere in Austria...

Patrick - you would be correct on the country :)

Another hint - Charlemagne was the one that commented on this restaurant in 803, and if probably Mozart dined here 950 years later.

JustTravel you are correct! On my phone now, but will provide some background when I get to a computer.

Sojourner posted another shot so I recommend me run with it. Are you still aboard?

Another one I don't know but would guess, from what looks like a wayside shrine in the background, that it's somewhere in Ireland.

Huh, interesting bit of logic there PatrickLondon, but no, it is not in Ireland, nowhere near Ireland in fact. It is on the European Continent.

It was built by people from one country, in another country.

Google gave up the restaurant too easily after your last clues Colo. First through sixth hit on a search. I'm not gonna stiff you on it though. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina